Second Saturday Satsang
Find Me: Facebook @maxrennieyoga
Teaching Style: Graceful Movement, Alignment-focused combined with Inner Wisdom
3 Things for a time capsule: A Camera with Family and Friend Photos, Pen/Paints and Paper, a Bottle of Ho’okipa Sand
Ashley began her yoga journey in January 2010, with a background of over twenty years of ballet, jazz, and modern dance. Upon returning to Southern California in 2008 after living in Italy for 10 years, she was diagnosed with thyroid disease. She went through two sessions of radioactive iodine to reduce the size of her overactive thyroid, which left her feeling lethargic, weak, unmotivated, and desperate for better overall health. Yoga completely changed Ashley, making her the strongest she has ever been, and continues to improve the connection between her mind, body, and breath. She brings encouragement, hands-on adjustments, visualization, and the Yoga Sutras to her classes. Ashley believes that Yoga gives you the confidence to know and feel that everything is as it should be, and you are already perfect exactly the way you are.
Find Me: Facebook @Ashley McKeachie Yoga, www.ashleyoga.com
Certifications: NASM, TRX
Facebook: @The PAUSE Button Meditation
Last year, after a “not so gentle nudge” from my Spirit Guides, I left my 18-year career in Interior Design, to focus full-time on my spiritual passions and opened up my own Reiki Studio in Orange County. I have such a strong calling to help heal, inspire and guide people on their own journey to self-realization and peace. The immense difference meditation and Reiki have made on my life is amazing! I can’t wait to share it with you.
Find Me: email@example.com
Facebook @Reiki Spirit Center
2. I have been making hand-tied mala beads for myself for years and just recently started my own company. I enjoy using the power of the stones and crystals along with the chakras to help me grow physically and spiritually. I would probably add one of my own mala designs in the time capsule.
3. The most important thing I would add to the time capsule would be photos of my family. I was an only child with no aunts, no uncles and no cousins so my children me the world to me. Anyone who truly knows me… also knows my kids. They are my life, my love and my reason for existence. Being MOM is the only “label” I wear with pride.
Temperature: Room Temperature
Description: Satsang is the heart of yoga. It is a spiritual gathering, led by a guru(s) or teacher(s), in development of the heart and mind to the full Self Realization and enlightenment.
Free for Spectra Members & $20 for non-Members
October Satsang: Self-Love & Compassion with Christine Rolfe
Self love is unconditional self acceptance, with a bit of appreciation and compassion for oneself thrown in. Accepting yourself unconditionally means loving yourself without having to fulfill certain conditions or living up to some particular standard. Self love is loving “all of
you”… the perfectly imperfect you!
We will discuss self-love and compassion:
- Understand the barriers to self love
- Cultivate self love
- Self-Compassion vs. Self-Esteem
- We will end with a Loving kindness meditation