Definition of yoga: 1. comes from the Sanskrit root yuj, which means "to join" or "to yoke" referring to the union of three elements, body, spirit and mind; 2. a practical set of tools and techniques to allow the practitioner to find greater health, well-being and a deep sense of oneness with the world.
Spectra Yoga’s teacher training program has been developed to give you the best, well rounded training a 300 hour program could offer. We have brought together Orange County’s most highly experienced yoga teachers and educators, many with over a decade of experience in their respective fields. Like our 200 hour program, our focus is on a full spectrum immersion into the various aspects of yoga including, but not limited to, a deep immersion into yoga philosophy, advanced asana, Ayurveda, anatomy and functional movement, the business of yoga and advanced teaching skills. This kind of training is unique in that it is varied, not only in its approach to these topics, but it’s commitment to offer in-depth understanding into the various approaches represented by the background of the trainers. You’ll walk away not only knowing how to teach yoga asana better, more skillfully and effectively, but come to understand how the full spectrum of yoga practices can change your life and the lives of your students. If you’re looking to take your yoga career or personal development to the next level, look no further.
Spectra Yoga's 300 Hr Teacher Training program is an easily accessible program for all teachers who have completed their 200 Hr Training. The program is divided into 3 modules of 100 hours each- Mind, Body, and Spirit. We have designed this module schedule to spread across a year long so that students can apply our teaching into their daily classes.
See below for further details on dates and pricing. Class meeting days and times are Thursdays from 5:30pm-9:30 pm and Sundays from 9:00am-5:00pm.
Definition of body: 1. The main or material part or nature of a human being. This module focuses on the BODY. Emphasis on advanced anatomy and functional movement for asana, learning and teaching different styles of asana, learning how to safely assist and adjust students, pre and post natal education, as well as how to effectively deal with injuries and pain. This module is the foundation for developing a teacher’s asana and body education, giving them greater confidence for a wide variety of private yoga and public class offerings.
Dates: February 2020
Main topics include:
- Advanced anatomy / functional movement
- Advanced asanas
- Chair Yoga
- Lift (Yoga with weights)
- Pre/Post Natal
- Yoga for injuries & pain management
- Yin Yoga
- Theme Weaver: Michelle Marchildon
- The Yoga Anatomy Coloring Book: Kelly Solloway
- The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga: Bernie Clark
- The Pilates Bible: Lynne Robinson, Lisa Bradshaw and Nathan Gardner
Definition of mind: the element or complex of elements in an individual that feels, perceives, thinks, wills, and especially reasons. This module focuses on the MIND. Drawing from ancient Yogic wisdom, this module will take you deep into several of the main traditional texts of yoga philosophy and meditation. Learn how to incorporate these important life changing tools into your own life, as well as group classes and in private sessions.
Dates: Spring 2020
Main topics include:
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Bhagavad Gita
- Meditation/Yoga Nidra
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Yoga and the Luminous – Christopher Chapple
- Moving Inward – Rolf Sovik
- Bhagavad Gita – Eknath Easwaran (294 page edition with blue cover)
- The Upanishads, 2nd Edition – Eknath Easwaran
- The Hatha Yoga Pradipika – (Svatmarama and Brian Dana Akers)
- Theme Weaver – Michelle Marchildon
Definition of spirit: 1. soul; 2. the immaterial intelligent or sentient part of a person; 3. the activating or essential principle influencing a person. This module focuses on SPIRIT. Beyond the body, connecting to spirit is a central focus of yoga. Explore different practices and teachings that focus on learning about the subtle body and energies that connect body and mind. Learn how to incorporate these practices into your own life, as well as group classes and in private yoga sessions.
Dates: Fall 2019
Main topics include:
- Advanced Sequencing
- Bhakti / Chanting / Sound
- Subtle Body - Chakras - Koshas
- Themeing / Class development
- Seva (selfless service)
- Ethics and the Business of Yoga
Once students complete all three modules, then a graduation certificate issued. Students have 3 years to finish all three modules as they are taught in no particular order. The program is on going and students can start with any module.
- $5000 for all 3 Modules ($1666/Module paid in full before the beginning of each module start date)
- $1850 to pay for just 1 Module
- $500 Non-Refundable Deposit due per Module prior to start of each Module
Payment plans are available, please contact TeacherTraining@spectrayoga.com
Main teachers include:
- Aileen Pham, ERYT500, RPYT YACEP
- Melissa Christensen, ERYT500 YACEP
- Ashley McKeachie, MA, ERYT500, C-IAYT Certified Yoga Therapist
- Pilar Chandler, LMT, Holistic Women&Health; Clinical Ayurveda Specialist
- DJ Arnold, ERTY500